Sunday, September 30, 2007

Division Champs

The Phillies are going to the playoffs! Going into today, the last day of the season, the Phils and Mets were tied for first in the NL East. The Phils just beat the Nationals 6-1 while the Mets were blown away by the Marlins. And there's even a Japanese connection! Tokyo-born Tadahito Iguchi made it 4-1 in the 6th inning with a pinch-hit sacrifice fly.

I still remember watching every pitch of the 1993 playoffs, the last time the Phillies reached the World Series... I still remember Mike Schmidt's retirement speech...

But now I don't even have a TV in my apartment. Am I doomed to play out the World Series scene in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, staring at my computer screen?

2 comments:

yukki said...

おめでとうございます! I'm not following US baseball, but I know how you must feel about your favorite team's victory. My favorite Japanese baseball team, Hanshin Tigers, couldn't win the division championship over 20 years, and it took them over 15 years to win it again... I hope your team will win the World Series :-) (I like Iguchi).

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.zoomshare.com/2.shtml]R4i[/url]NDSBro)